mutiple users one email

3 replies to this topic

#1 Anne

Anne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

In our company, we have a number of staff who do not have their own work email addresses. Is there a way to send passwords, etc to the same email address?

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 887 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

Hi Anne,

Each user account needs to have its own unique email address, so it isn't possible to send passwords to a different address. In the event that a user forgets their password, this enables them to reset it themselves without needing your help.

It isn't necessary for student accounts to use email addresses from any particular domain, so you can set up accounts with email addresses from free webmail services such as Gmail if your users don't have an address at your company. This is probably the easiest way to create accounts for your users.

I hope this helps, but please feel free to reply if you have any further questions.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

#3 Anne

Anne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:33 AM

Thanks Jonathan,

can I resend email notifications

My next question... can I resend the email notifications that were sent out?

Some of our emails were blocked from receiving external mail. I did not know this at the time that I set up their accounts.

Now, the emails have been opened up but obviously, the users did not receive their passwords, etc.

Anne

#4 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 887 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:23 AM

Hi Anne,

Yes, you can request a new password by entering their email address on this page.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users