#1 Elena

Elena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:32 PM

Hi,

I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU

and to express my satisfaction with your courses!

Everything is so clearly explained that it is easy for anyone to follow

the lessons and achieve great results!

I just want to ask whether you have ever think about creating a special

Excel courses for accountants? I suppose it is very time consuming

and requires professionals who you really trust to be involved in such a project.

But if it happens many accountants around the world will become better at their work.

And again THANK YOU!!!

#2 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:46 PM

Dear Elena

I'm very pleased that you are finding our courses useful.

I agree that it would be useful to create an Excel course for accountants (and other specific professions) that assume professional competency and only focus upon the application of Excel skills to common tasks within that profession. 

We have some new courses in development at present that will seek to show students (that are already very proficient in Excel) how to use Excel to address common business problems.  You'll see some of the first ones appear during 2016.

Best Regards

Mike Smart

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

#3 Elena

Elena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:34 PM

Look forward to seeing them :)!

#4 JoeB

JoeB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Hi, I am a new member at excel central.

I very pleased with your books I bought excel essential and expert very interested to advance my skills in excel especially in accounting.

I was wondering how I can attend the accountancy course and financial management. Would be grateful if you could help with this request?

And again thanks for the effort that was put in these books.

Regards

JoeB

#5 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

Dear Joe

We don't have any course that teaches specific accounting skills (though many accountants have attended our Essential Skills and Expert Skills classroom courses).  

You could argue that accounting skills (such as the ability to create a trial balance and then derive a P&L and Balance Sheet from it) have absolutely nothing to do with Excel.  These skills were taught long before the age of computing.  Of course, Excel is used by just about every accountant as a tool to implement the accounting skills that the accountant already has.  Some accountants have no (or at least very poor) Excel skills and some Excel Experts have no accounting skills.

We've long planned a range of Excel books/courses that will teach how to apply existing Excel skills to solve common business problems.  The first book is almost ready to go (and has been for some time).  We've now deadlined 24th November 2017 for publication.  This will be the first of a range of books but will target time and date management rather than any specific accounting skills. 

We've lots of ideas for future subject areas and good candidates might be Purchase/Sales Ledgers, General Ledger and perhaps an Asset register showing different depreciation models.    

Best Regards

Mike Smart

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users