I just registered yesterday, and watched the first 7 videos for Excel 2013 Essential Skills; I have yet to download the sample files. Do I need Excel on my computer in order to complete the course excersizes? I am running Windows 7 Pro with only Publisher 2003--I do not have any other Microsoft Office programs. I had the computer custom-made in 2010 with only the programs I needed at the time. Lots of free space on the 4GB hard drive. Looking for Microsoft Office professional 2013, any suggestions for where I might find a genuine product? MS no longer carries it, just their new 2016 version for loads on money.
How Can I Install Excel 2013 (Is There a Free Trial Version)?
Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:17 AM
To learn to use Excel you do need a copy of Excel to be installed upon your computer. Without Excel it would be a little like trying to learn to drive a car from a book.
About Office 2016
- Log in to your Office 365 account (you need to register with Microsoft for either a subscription or free trial to do this).
- Click the INSTALL button in the normal way.
- On the Install Information screen DO NOT click Install (or you will install Office 2016) but, instead, click: Language and Install Options.
- On the next screen once again DO NOT click Install but click: Additional install options.
- Select Office 2013 (32-bit) from the Install menu (for most users the 32-bit version is recommended by Microsoft even if you are running 64 bit windows).
- Click: Install.
Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:30 AM
Thanks Mike! My 64 bit computer has 4GB of RAM, and a 500GB hard drive (not as mentioned above); I will be purchasing Office 2016 home and business for $219.00 from the company who built my computer. Thank you for the great information above, and of course for offering your Excel course online!
Mike D. (Mike-the-Bike)
Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:52 AM
Well, not having Excel on my computer explains why the sample files do not open when clicked. "No items match your search" appears. I will watch the videos to become aquainted with Excel, then come back and do the excersizes when Office 2016 is installed on my computer.
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users