logged in but can't post on forum

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jenny M_*

Guest_Jenny M_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

I renewed my membership in a panic over a filtering problem, but I can't post a new topic on the forum!  I'm logged in, but the forum page says to sign in to start a new topic.  I click sign in and go around in a circle.  Feeling really stupid today ...

Thank you for your help!

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:59 PM

Hi Jenny,

If you're signed into the main ExcelCentral website, you should be automatically signed into the forums. It's most likely that you just need to go to the login page and log in before returning to the forums.

If you're definitely logged in and still can't get to the forums, it's likely that there is a problem with the cookies on your computer that the forums use to check if you are logged in. In this case, you should be able to fix the problem by clearing your cookies and then logging in again.

I hope this solves the problem, but please feel free to reply if you're still having trouble accessing the forums.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

#3 Jenny M

Jenny M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

Clearing cookies worked; thank you!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users