1 reply to this topic

#1 JPK1066

JPK1066

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

I have a hypothetical WB that I would like to construct. It will have 30 WS's that will have daily updated downloads. Each WS will have the same format. There will be a summary WS that will contain multiple pivot tables, I may need as may as 30 or more pivot tables, that will use the data on the 30 WS's, as their source. Would a one key stroke 'refresh pivot tables' on the summary WS containing the multiple pivot tables update all the pivot tables at once?

If for practicality I chose to have three summary WS's with ten or more pivot tables a piece on them, could I achieve the same results by refreshing the 3 summary work sheets seperately?

JPK1066

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

Hi JPK1066,

You can refresh all pivot tables in the workbook at once by clicking Data > Connections > Refresh All.

This is covered in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 5-5 Refresh a Pivot Table and understand the Pivot Table data cache.

If you need more precise control over which pivot tables are refreshed, you might consider recording macros that refresh only the required tables and assign them to buttons on your worksheets. You can see how to do this in the following video tutorials:

Expert Skills Lesson 9-11 Record a macro with absolute references

Expert Skills Lesson 9-16 Use shapes to run macros

I hope this is what you were looking for, but please feel free to reply as usual if you need any more help with this.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users