Downloading Sample Files

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Linda_*

Guest_Linda_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

I am having trouble downloading and then being able to open the Essentials sample files for ether 2013 or 2016.   I have Windows 7, and I'm not sure what I am doing.  I can unzip the files, but I can't see them in excel, or anywhere.  Just keeps unzipping.  Can anyone help?????

#2 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:13 PM

Hi Linda

First of all, I am guessing that you are using the recommended option (the first button) when downloading.

If you watch this video:

Lesson 1-5: Download the sample files and open or navigate a workbook.

...You can see a walk-through of downloading and opening one of the sample files.

If you cannot solve the problem by watching this video please let me know the precise point at which you have the problem (by reference to the video) and any error message that may be displayed at this point.  I am confident, however, that watching the video will enable you to figure out what is going wrong.

Best Regards

Mike Smart

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users