I can not open sample files after downloading

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Marci Hedgers_*

Guest_Marci Hedgers_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:03 AM

I previously downloaded the essential files and did not have any problems and did not have any problems, now I am trying to download the expert skills, I am doing everything the same, I am choosing the recommended download and unzipping the files. when I go to my practice file the icon does not say excel 2013 practice files it says All??. I try to open the file and it asks me to unzip again, I can do that over and over but no file opens. What is wrong, I am ready to start the new book and I do not have files to work with. Please respond.

#2 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:08 PM

Dear Marci

The problem is that you are navigating to your download folder rather than the folder that contains the extracted sample files.  

If you navigate to your C:\Practice\Excel 2013 Expert Skills folder you 'll find the sample file set (that you have already downloaded and extracted) there.

You can see a video walk through of the entire sample file download process (demonstrated for the Essential Skills file set, but identical for Expert Skills) here:

Lesson 1-5: Download the sample files and open or navigate a workbook.

Let me know if the above information did not enable you to solve the problem.

Best Regards

Mike Smart

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users