Photo

How do I delete licenses when I renew our company account?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Education Coordinator

Education Coordinator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:25 PM

Our agency wants to renew our current subscription but with fewer licenses - we just don't have that many people using the classes at any one time, but we definitely want to continue.  How do I reduce the number of licenses?

I assume after renewal I will need to reassign the licenses to students as before?

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 811 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:29 AM

Hi Education Coordinator,

When you go to the Renew page, you'll notice that you're able to change the number of licenses that you are renewing for. You are free to decrease this number, but you cannot decrease it below the number of currently allocated licenses.

deallocate.png

For example, if you have 20 licenses and have allocated 15 of them to students, you cannot renew for less than 15 licenses. However, if you de-allocated 5 more of the licenses from students that no longer needed the course you would then be able to renew for as few as 10 licenses. You'll also see a message explaining this if you try to reduce the number of licenses below the number that are allocated.

You won't need to reassign any licenses if you renew before the subscription expires. All of your students will retain their settings and will have access to the same courses they had before you renewed.

If you renew after the account has already expired, you will need to reassign your licenses.

I hope you're now able to renew for the number of licenses you need, but please feel free to reply or contact us via our contact page if you have any further questions.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users