• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scouter702

Scouter702

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:31 PM

When I go to Pilotable Tools-Design-PivotTable Styles & hover, nothing shows up for name title.  Is something turned off that I can't find?  Reference Lesson 5-11 Expert.

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

Hi Scouter,

I've taken a look and there is a setting that can disable the pop-up 'screen tips' that you're talking about. Here's how to enable them again:

1. Click the File tab on the ribbon.

2. Click Options from the left-hand menu bar.

The Excel Options dialog appears.

3. Click General on the left of the dialog (if it isn't selected already).

4. Click the ScreenTip style drop-down menu and make sure that Show feature descriptions in ScreenTips is selected.

ScreenTip.png

5. Click the OK button.

After enabling this setting, you should find that the names appear correctly.

I hope this solves the problem, but please feel free to reply if you're still unable to see the names.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

#3 Scouter702

Scouter702

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

Thank you!! - That did it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users