2 replies to this topic

#1 JaseandShell

JaseandShell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

Hi-

Is there a formula to automatically add the current date to a cell?

Thank you.

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

Hi JaseandShell,

Yes, you can use the TODAY function to place the current date in a cell, or use the NOW function for the current date and time.

You can see more about how to use these functions in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 3-11 Use the Excel DATE function to offset days, months and years.

You can also use insert the current date or date and time without using a formula, using the keyboard shortcuts <Ctrl>+<;> and <Ctrl>+<:> (Control-Semicolon and Control-Colon). The date won't automatically refresh if you use the keyboard shortcut.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

#3 JaseandShell

JaseandShell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

Thank you very much!  I am working my way through Essential Skills and will be doing Expert Skills next.  I appreciate the multiple options for accomplishing the same thing.  Thank you for your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users