• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ingleside

Ingleside

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

I have completed Excel 2013 essential skills 3-14. My default personal template was blank and I copied in the information and added custom template\excel. However, when I saved the file from 3-15 it is not saving to this custom template\excel folder. I'm unable to find this file when I open up excel and click on personal within the templates. It says there is no file. What am I doing incorrect?

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

Hi Ingleside,

It sounds like you might not have set Excel's default custom template folder to the correct location. The first thing I'd suggest is to check the settings in your Excel options and make sure it's pointing to the right folder.

You can see how to do this in the video lesson: Essential Skills Lesson 3-14 Understand templates and set the default custom template folder.

I hope this is the solution to the problem, but please feel free to reply if you need any more help with this.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users