1 reply to this topic

#1 Jenny M

Jenny M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

I was really proud of my use of option buttons here, creating customizable chart, until I tried selecting the last one.  Why are the first and last working together?  Arlington and Woodstock, spreadsheet attached (nothing confidential, only data available online).  I inserted them all at the same time: copied and pasted 70 to begin with, to make it easier to line them up, then deleted the unneeded last 5.

Attached Files

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:21 PM

Hi Jenny,

When this happens it's almost always because one of the option buttons hasn't been assigned to the same group as the other option buttons. This usually happens because the option button has been added outside the border of the appropriate Group Box, but it can also happen if you delete an option button and then use the Undo command to bring it back.

The solution is simply to delete the offending option button and create a new one, making sure it is within the Group Box. I have tried this with your example workbook and successfully solved the problem.

You can see a full example of adding option buttons in groups in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 9-1 Add group box and option button controls to a worksheet form.

I have attached my copy of your workbook with the problem fixed:

Attached File  option button problem.xlsx   277.85KB   34 downloads

optionbuttonproblem.png

I hope this is the solution you were looking for, but please let me know if you need any more help with this.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: option button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users