2 replies to this topic

#1 Ionut Aleman

Ionut Aleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

Hi

I have a new challenge at work and i need to deal with a hole new level of macros. In fact, this the macro level that i will have to use in the future. Can you tell me please by looking at the spreadsheet attached here where to start the study to be able to create one just like it?

I'm interested in the design mode and macros. How to insert designed buttons, create the charts, etc?

I think that there is some VBA cod involved, right?

Thank you.

Attached Files

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

Hi Ionut,

I've taken a look at your attachment and it looks like you're trying to create a dashboard. We cover something very similar in Expert Skills Session 9: Forms and Macros.

There's a lot involved in creating a complex system like this, but session 9 will take you through everything, including adding buttons and charts. You can see how the finished product looks in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 9-9 Improve form appearance and usability.

You don't need to use macros to create a dashboard, but they can be useful for other purposes. If you continue through session 9 you'll see how to record macros and assign them to buttons and keyboard shortcuts. You can see a full explanation of macros and VBA code in the video tutorial: Expert Skills Lesson 9-10 Understand macros and VBA.

We don't offer any VBA solutions on this forum, but you should be able to find a solution to any Excel problem without using VBA. VBA is used to add new features to Excel, and usually isn't needed as long as you are using Excel for its intended purpose.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

#3 Ionut Aleman

Ionut Aleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. I assumed that Session 9 will do, but i wasn't sure about the macros and VBA.

Have a nice day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users