1 reply to this topic

#1 Sevkan

Sevkan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

Greetings everyone.

I'm crying for help regarding a issue i have in the survey area of Excel.

I need to make a dropdown question with two main topics.

Afterwords it needs to bring out two under topics

after that it needs to bring out 3 questions that underlies the previous two topics.

anyone that can help with this issue?

Best Regards

Sevkan Koyuncu

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

Hi Sevkan,

I think this is exactly the problem that is solved in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 4-8 Create two linked drop-down lists using range names.

This lesson will show you how you can link list validations together so that different options are shown depending on the previous selections.

If all you need is for different information to appear depending on the user's selection, you should be able to do this by using the IF function. You can see how to use the IF function in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 3-5 Use the IF logic function.

I'd suggest viewing the lessons and trying to apply the same techniques to your workbook. Please feel free to reply if you're having any difficulty doing this, ideally with an example copy of your workbook (you can find instructions on how to attach a workbook here).

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users