Version 1606 (Build 16.0.7070.2022)
Released to Current Channel on July 5, 2016
Draw Tab and Shape Recognition
A new Draw tab option is now available for the Ribbon (it must be enabled via the Ribbon customization options). This tab allows expanded drawing options with shape recognition that allows crudely-drawn shapes to be automatically converted into perfect squares, triangles, circles, etc.
The Draw tab is primarily intended to make working with shapes easier on tablet devices, but it can also be enabled on desktop versions of Excel.
New external data source options
This version adds several new options when connecting to external data sources, allowing Excel to connect to Sharepoint Online, Microsoft Exchange and SAP HANA.
Get & Transform improvements
This version also adds several minor improvements to Get & Transform:
- Duration values can now be converted to years
- White space and line feeds are now properly displayed in the Query Editor preview
- Queries can now be renamed directly from the Queries pane
- Jagged CSV files are now automatically detected
- A Microsoft account can now be used when connecting to Microsoft Exchange
- URLs are now validated to prevent incorrect URLs from being entered when connecting to Sharepoint
OLAP performance improvements
Creating, editing and refreshing OLAP pivot tables should have improved performance with this update.