Photo

Version 1609 - October 4, 2016 - Get & Transform improvements, macro recording for new chart types, new Tell Me help options

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

Version 1609 (Build 16.0.7369.2024)

Released to Current Channel on October 4, 2016

Get & Transform improvements

Several improvements to Get & Transform are included in this version:

• Parameters can now be added to queries, allowing a query to obtain parameters from another query or a list of values instead of only fixed values.
  • New queries can now be created that are based on existing Merge or Append operations.
  • Web pages can now be previewed when importing data from the web using Get & Transform.

Macro recording for new chart types

Excel's macro recorder now supports the new Treemap, Histogram, Pareto, Waterfall, and Box & Whisker chart types.

New Tell Me help options

Tell Me help now has the ability to understand color changes. For example, entering Make my font red into Tell Me help will present the option to instantly set the font color to red. This new feature allows you to set font, highlight, shading, page, shape border and shape fill colors.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users