Photo

Version 1610 - November 10, 2016 - Ink replays, CSV UTF-8 support, Get & Transform improvements, Shared With Me

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

Version 1610 (Build 16.0.7466.2038)

Released to Current Channel on November 10, 2016

Ink Replays

Ink Replays allow you to replay handwriting using the new Draw tab (added in July 2016). This allows you to use freehand drawing to create presentations within Excel, illustrating your thought processes in a step-by-step way.

This feature is primarily intended to be used on tablet devices, but it can also be enabled in desktop versions of Excel.

CSV UTF-8 support

CSV files can now be saved using UTF-8 encoding from Excel.

Get & Transform Improvements

Several improvements to Get & Transform are included in this version:

• Related tables can be automatically imported when connecting to an OData source.
  • Columns can now be added to queries that invoke a custom function defined within the file.
  • A new Query Dependencies view is available that shows a diagram of all of the queries defined in the workbook and how they relate to each other.

Shared With Me

A new Shared With Me option is available from the File > Open menu, allowing you to quickly access files that have been shared with you by other users.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users