Version 1611 (Build 16.0.7571.2072)
Released to Current Channel on December 6, 2016
This version includes a new chart type - the Filled Map. This allows you to chart geographic data on a 2-dimensional map of the world (as opposed to 3D maps).
SVG images and icon library
SVG images are now supported by Excel and can be imported into Excel workbooks. This version also includes a new library of SVG icons that can be inserted using the Insert tab.
Save to recent folders
The File > Save As menu now includes a Recent category that allows you to quickly save files to recently-used folders.
This version includes many accessibility improvements, making Excel easier to use on different devices and more accessible to people with disabilities.
- Improved screen reader integration, allowing much more information to be reported by screen readers
- Improved screen reader navigation
- Alt text support for images, tables, PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Accessibility checker tool available from the Review tab
- Improved accessibility features in PDFs created via Excel
- Improved chart navigation using the keyboard
- Improved text formatting using the keyboard
- Row height and column width can now be specified via the Ribbon