1 reply to this topic

#1 JPK1066

JPK1066

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

I have many custom lists that I use but sometimes I want to just fill manually as in a fill series, repeat.

How do I turn the Custom List Fill Off so I can manually fill?

Do I have to subscribe to the 2016 Excel course to get videos on Get and Transform?

JPK1066

Thanks

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

Hi JPK,

It isn't possible to disable the Custom Lists feature - you'd have to delete your lists in order to prevent them from being used.

If you just want to fill sequential numbers or similar sequences you might try using Flash Fill instead of a regular fill.

You can see more about Flash Fill in: Expert Skills Lesson 2-21 Use Flash Fill to solve common problems.

If you just want to fill without adjusting items, you can do this by holding down the <Ctrl> key.

You can see this in action in: Essential Skills Lesson 2-14 Use AutoFill for text and numeric series.

We don't currently have any video lessons for Excel 2016. The reason for this is that Microsoft are now releasing major updates to Excel 2016 every 6 months, making it impractical to re-record every video lesson for each new release. Instead we are releasing a new e-book version of our course every 6 months. You can find out more here.

I hope you're able to find the solution you need, but please feel free to reply if you need any more help with this. If you could give an example of the problem I might be able to come up with a better solution.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users