1 reply to this topic

#1 AExcel

AExcel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Hi Mike, Jonathan,

I have completed all of the ExcelCentral.com courses and what I have learned has completely transformed my work in management accounting.

Without a doubt, Excel Tables have the most powerful features I have come across and I cannot believe so few people in my field seem to know about them. The scope for making errors when referring to cell references/summing ranges in Excel in huge budget/forecasting spreadsheets is enormous, particularly when adding/deleting rows. This is basically completely eliminated with tables.

For the peanuts you charge to subscribe to this website, I am very grateful for the skills you've taught me! Thank you. 

I hope you don't mind me asking, but where would you recommend somebody in my shoes goes next in terms of further improving Excel skills?

What courses are either of you aware of/have taken that you would say from experience are worth doing?

My work is that of a typical management accountant; forecasting, budgets, performance dashboards etc.

Best regards,

Andrew

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 866 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

Hi Andrew,

If you've completed our Essential and Expert Skills courses, you should be at least broadly familiar with almost every feature available within Excel, the exception being the 450 functions in the Excel function library.

At this stage, further study only makes sense in the context of trying to achieve particular tasks. In other words, you now know how to use the tools but there's an almost infinite amount of things you could do with them!

We hope to release the first of a new series of books very soon that offer short courses showing how to create specific types of workbook in Excel. We're calling these 'Construction Kits'.

Alternatively, you're always welcome to post on these forums if you're trying to achieve something specific in Excel and we will try to provide guidance as to the best way of achieving your goals.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users