Photo

Why Excel VBA Macro works fine until I turn on Power Query?

power query error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bennyb

bennyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

:rolleyes:

I can run a macro just fine without any error messages.  But then when I turn on the add-in Power Query and run the same macro I get an error message.  I am on Win7/64+Office2013/32.

Attached Images

• Capture.PNG

Attached Files

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 888 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:44 AM

Hi bennyb,

VBA programming allows you to go well beyond the scope of what is possible in Excel, so we can't offer VBA programming advice.

That said, it sounds likely that enabling the Power Query add-in is causing problems because Power Query has now been integrated into Excel itself. Excel 2016, 2019 and 365 all contain the Power Query tool without needing any add-ins. If you are trying to add Power Query as an add-in it may be conflicting with the in-built version.

Power Query can now be accessed from the Data ribbon tab, under Get & Transform. We cover the new in-built Power Query tools extensively in our Expert Skills courses.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users