Photo

I have a question about a retired product (Instant Download or DVD)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 TheSmartMethod

TheSmartMethod

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

I purchased a DVD

We no longer sell our video courses on DVD media.

The downloaded and DVD versions of our courses are no longer part of our product offering and are now retired products.

Our courses are now all published online.

The online courses are hugely better than the old DVD courses as they offer some fantastic new features that are only possible online (see "why did you discontinue downloads" below).

I purchased an instant download from the ExcelCentral.com website

Can you send me a link to download (or re-download) a course?

We no longer offer instant downloads. The downloaded and DVD versions of our courses are no longer part of our product offering and are now retired products.

Instant downloads were licensed as a one-time download and install for a single computer and a single user. We have never been able to "re-issue" download links after the product has been downloaded and installed.

If you have had a system crash you will need to restore to your last backup. If you didn't backup your system you will need to purchase a site membership.

Why did you discontinue downloads?

Our courses are now all published online at ExcelCentral.com.

This gives you a huge number of advantages:

• The online courses avoid the need to download anything and also eliminate installation-related issues or the possibility of losing the software if your computer is lost or damaged.
  • The courses can be used on Windows PC, Apple PC, MS 8RT devices, iPads, Android tablets and most internet-connected devices (the old downloads only worked on the Windows PC).
  • The courses now have a variable-speed play feature and a "back ten seconds" button that enable you to learn at your own speed.
  • The courses now have an "Interactive Transcription" feature that can speed up learning by three times!
  • The courses are now in full HD (the old DVD versions were only medium resolution).
  • You can now track your progress and print out a certificate of completion at the end of the course (this is impossible to do with a DVD course).
  • You can access the course on any computer or device, anywhere, and you'll see your history and progress up to date wherever you are.

You can view free lessons to see how all of this works this works (and preview the e-book, interactive transcription and vari-speed  features) at ExcelCentral.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users