• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 marionrosebrill

marionrosebrill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

When I try to open a lesson it will not display the video.  It says " invalid license key"

#2 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

My best guess is that you have installed some sort of third party video playing software onto your computer (or a web browser plug-in) that is demanding a license key to work. 

The easiest work-around would be to install a different browser (for example, if you are seeing this error with Firefox, try using Chrome or Internet Explorer, you can download them free from the Internet).  With a clean install of a different browser you should eliminate the error.

Let me know if this information does not enable you to solve the problem.

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

#3 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

We took this to e-mail but the user reported back:

I got around it by getting out of Internet Explorer and then back in. 

I am looking forward to finishing the sessions, I think they are excellent!

... so another solution (if another user ever has this problem) seems to be to simply close and re-open your browser.

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users