• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 TheSmartMethod

TheSmartMethod

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

The Excel Central web site has been thoroughly tested with an up-to-date iPad running the Safari web browser. If you are not using the Safari web browser try again using Safari. Safari was developed specifically for Apple devices and is less prone to faults than other browsers.

We've had a few support requests from users that were experiencing video playing problems with their iPads. In most cases resetting the operating system and updating the Safari browser to the latest version solved the problem.

A common iPad fault

Many users on the MacRumours forum report problems when playing video (especially with the iPad2). The bug causes the video to keep stopping (when the play button has to be repeatedly re-pressed to continue playing).

I found 3,680 problems for a search of “have to keep pressing the play button” so the problem seems to be very widespread (when playing any video or music content from the web).

There are several suggestions regarding the cause and repair of this fault on the forum. They include:

• A very slow or intermittent WiFi connection.
  • An update is loading in the background and hogging all bandwidth (on a WiFi network this could be a different device on the same network).
  • Low memory.
  • Having a lot of tabs open in Safari.
  • A glitch in the operating system (repaired by restoring to factory default installation).

If you have a new Apple iPad-related fault to report please start a new topic and provide full details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users