BillW1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

Hello again,

I am trying to use the consolidate function at the beginning of every month but, I have noticed that there has to be information in every sheet for this to work correctly. Here is my question, is there a way to consolidate these sheets with no data in them, and just add scores week by week and have them linked to source data? I have attached a sheet where I consolidated the information but I had to put data in every sheet for this to work properly. I know the  sheets have to be formatted the same but with the sheets formatted the same I can't get it to work with out values in range. Please help

Thanks again as always

Bill W

Attached File  Excel Consolidate.xlsx   11.43KB   468 downloads

scores10.png

#2 BillW1971

BillW1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hello again,

I may have figured this out. When I put all 0s where data goes, and then consolidate it seems to work fine. I do have to delete all the 0s but sheet is working. I have attached sheet if you want to still take a look. An I would love an easier way of course.

As always Thank You

Bill W

#3 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

This article has moved

We have moved this article to our new site. The answer to this question can now be found here:

https://thesmartmethod.com/how-to-consolidate-data-and-automatically-keep-it-up-to-date-in-excel/

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

#4 BillW1971

BillW1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

Hello again,

I like you suggestion a lot better than my way.

As usual you guys rock

Bill W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users