Photo

Can I change the administrator password (for my multi-user corporate subscription)

3 replies to this topic

#1 mansour

mansour

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

I have changed my password under my individual user name and password, but i cannot get the administrator log in to accept my given password so I may simplify the administrator password?

#2 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

For multi-user subscriptions, you are not able to change the administrator password.  Of course you can change the user password (as you have done already).  We may add this feature to a future site update as I can see how it could be useful.

UPDATE:

Our new multi-user system allows multi-user accounts to change their passwords and to monitor the progress of their students/employees.  If you're on the old multi-user system and want to upgrade, contact us and we will convert your account.

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

#3 mansour

mansour

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Thank you Mike, it would be helpful if we could change the administrator's pass word.

#4 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Actually. if you can send me an e-mail using this page, with the password you would like I can do this manually for you.  The same applies to any other multi-user subscriber (but do it via an e-mail and not in the forum of course)!  

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users