#1 Carlton Seymour

Carlton Seymour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hi Jonathan

I have built an excel (in 2010) Table with some attached pivot tables within the same workbook. A team of 3 staff update the table on a daily basis. Whenever I meet them which is once a week they have the same complaint...the pivot table sheets are disabled. What could be the issue? They use excel 2007.

Everything seems to be OK on my computer. The Pivot Tables are active and the field list is displayed but in their system you only see the last pivot snapshot. When you click anywhere the pivot table, the design tool is not activated nor is the pivot field list.

Thanks

Carlton

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi Carlton,

I suspect that the trouble is due to compatibility problems between 2010 and 2007 when using data in a Table.  You may need to convert your Table into an ordinary range in order for the spreadsheet to work properly.

For instructions on converting Tables into ranges, see the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 1-12: Format a table using table styles and convert a table into a range.

I hope this is useful information.  As always, please feel free to reply if I can be of any further assistance.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users