• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frank.2day

Frank.2day

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

OK, have the Chart I want. How can I go about changing the "H" axis so that it is the "Y" axis and my data series is vertical.

Thanks

Frank

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 862 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hi Frank,

It sounds like all you need to do is select your chart and click:

Chart Tools > Design > Data > Switch Row/Column.

For a video walkthrough and more information, see: Essential Skills Lesson 5-13 Understand Data Series and Categories.

I hope this answers your question, but please feel free to reply if I can be of any more assistance.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

#3 Frank.2day

Frank.2day

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Nope had tried that earlier, tried it again to be sure. Have to much data, changes the chart all together. Maybe rotate the chart chart?

Not sure, There use to be a button in 2007 I think that would reverse axis. Can't find in 2013. But. Attached is chart. Want it to go on the Vertical. When I try to rotate chart the button is not activated. I went back through all the lessons on charts and was unable to see anything that would help me in this.

Thanks.

Frank

Attached Files

#4 Frank.2day

Frank.2day

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

OK, I found a video on Utube. to change axis. Got it thanks.

Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users