Having trouble with opening the Exercise and Excercise Answers download

2 replies to this topic

#1 JLynne

JLynne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:26 AM

Hi! Thank you for such an awesome product. I have taken a Fast Course at a Technology Center and looked on the internet for several 'help videos'. NOTHING comes close to this course...NOTHING! I am an older Excel user beginner and am thrilled at the teachings I have had thus far. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You really can teach an old dog new tricks! lol  I have told others about this amazing site. I do have a small problem. I was able to download the sample file folders without any problem, however, now that I need to take the Exercise for Chapter 1 and get the Exercise Answers I am unable to retrieve them. I have tried to run the file, save the file and download the file. I do know were the file is located at and when I go there and try to open it I get a quick flash of nothingness. I thought maybe it may be because I had my pop up blocker on so I turned that off but to no avail. Hopefully, you can help me. Have a great evening and once again, thank you so very much!

JLynne

#2 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

Thank you for the positive comments.

I've looked at your view log and I can see that you tried to open  Excel 2013 Essential Skills: Session 2 using Internet Explorer 11.  I've tested with the same browser and everything is working correctly on our own computers.

The reason you are having problems with viewing the exercise (and this will also apply to the entire e-book) is that your installation of Internet Explorer 11 (or one of its plug-ins) has developed a fault.  This is extremely common and is probably caused by a buggy plug-in that you have installed (though you may not even be aware that you installed it as some apps will install plug-ins almost automatically).

You could try to repair your IE11 installation but you'll probably find it easier to work-around the problem by using Google's Chrome browser for the lessons (or Safari or Firefox that are also supported).  You can download any of these other browsers free and, when you do, you'll find that everything works perfectly.  You'll also find that the exercises will also open perfectly on any other computer or device.

Best Regards

Mike Smart

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

#3 JLynne

JLynne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:00 AM

Hello again Mr. Mike Smart, Thank you very much as that took care of my problem. I was able to view the Exercise and Exercise Answers page. I LOVE YOUR PROGRAM! Thank you very much again! JLynne

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users