1 reply to this topic

#1 SteveO

SteveO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

Hi,

I'm a big fan of these videos and watch them often. Can i re-set the video lesson viewed log from green highlight text back to plain text?

#2 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Dear Steve

As you know, the view history enables you to always know which videos you have watched in the past.  But it is also used for certification and enables you to print a certificate of completion at the end of the course.

If you want to work through the course a second time you can still know which lessons you have viewed twice (and  when you viewed them) by hovering over the eyeball icon next to each watched lesson:

In the example below you can see how many times I have viewed the lesson (and the last view date/time).

As well as the quick "eyeball" indicator you also have access to a view log that lets you see all activity to date.  Just log in, click My Account in the top right corner and then select the View Log tab:

The view log quickly lets you know which videos you have recently viewed (see screen grab below).

It would be possible to add a feature that would delete the view history but I can't think of any reason that a user might find this useful as all of the information you need is already quickly available if you are working through the course a second time. 

Attached Images

• ViewHistory.jpg
  • View Log.jpg

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users