Photo

How do I hide the Interactive Transcript window or switch off the Captions (Subtitles)

3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeTom

JoeTom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:32 PM

Hi

I just started the course

While I'm working the lessons

the ribbon area is hidden with text

so I can't see what' being done under text

I can hear the lesson

Is there a way to remove the text so I can see the ribbon and what's being done?

Thanks

JoeTom

#2 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:55 AM

Dear Joe

You can switch off the interactive transcript window in the same way that you close any other window - by clicking the red cross button in the top right corner.  Once you have done this the transcript window remains off until you switch it on again (provided you are logged in).

You can also switch off the transcript by clicking Transcript -> Off on the top menu bar.  Here's a screen grab that illustrates this:

TranscriptOff.jpg

Let me know if this information did not enable you to solve the problem.

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

#3 arctickiki

arctickiki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:12 PM

I understand now, thanks to this post (thank you), how to remove the transcript windows, but I still can't figure out how to move or get rid of the grey box which also contains the transcript. It covers the area at the bottom of the worksheet and covers the area being discussed at times. I'm new at this and I didn't see this question already, so I hope I am not asking a question that is already answered. Thanks.

#4 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

Hi Kiki

The transcript at the bottom of the window is a Caption.  Much the same as a a movie subtitle.

Captions.png

Just click the drop-down arrow next to Captions (you can see this in the screen grab above to the left of Transcript) at the top of the video window and select OFF to switch them off.

Let me know if this information did not enable you to solve the problem.

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users