• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bennyb

bennyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

In excel 2010 for pivot tables when I go to create a calculated field or item, can I use any excel function or UDF (user defined function)?

If so, how do I do this?

I want to use a "VLOOKUP" with an "IF" statement to generate calculated field / items...

Thanks,

BennyB

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

Hi bennyb,

Unfortunately you cannot use VLOOKUP within a pivot table calculated field.

You can solve this by either placing the VLOOKUP outside the pivot table or by placing the VLOOKUP within the original source data that is used by the pivot table.

You can find a lot more about calculated fields in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 5-17 Add a calculated field to a pivot table.

This lesson also shows how it can be easier to perform calculations within your source data rather than by using calculated fields.

You can also find an in-depth look at calculated items in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 5-18 Add a calculated item to a pivot table.

I hope this helps, but please feel free to reply if you need any further assistance.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users