2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeyMike

MikeyMike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

Hello,

What is the best practice to align multiple graphs with each other and text? Should I input the graphs in and other content in tables? How can I ensure that two graphs are the same size or align as I want them to align? Thanks.

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 888 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Hi MikeyMike,

A very nice 'secret' feature of Excel is that you can hold down the Alt key when moving or resizing charts to make them automatically snap to the cells on the workbook.

You can see this feature in action in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 9-1 Add group box and option button controls to a worksheet form.

This should allow you to very easily make sure that your charts line up with each other and are the same size. This doesn't just work with charts, but also works with form controls, text boxes, shapes, pictures and anything else that be freely moved around on the screen.

Text boxes are covered in the video lesson: Essential Skills Lesson 5-20 Highlight specific data points with color and annotations.

Shapes are covered in the video lesson: Expert Skills Lesson 9-16 Use shapes to run macros.

Pictures are covered in the video lesson: Essential Skills Lesson 7-8 Add custom headers and footers.

It's also possible to group several charts (or other movable objects) together so that they can all be moved as a single object. To do this, select all of the charts that you want to group and click:

Drawing Tools > Format > Group > Group

I hope this is the information you were looking for, but please feel free to reply if you need any more help.

Jonathan is part of the professional team who answer Excel-related questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.
Jonathan also tests our courses prior to publication and has worked on all of our ten world bestselling Excel books for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Jonathan has also worked on over 850 video lessons for or video courses covering Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
As well as extensive Excel knowledge, Jonathan has worked in the IT world for over thirteen years as a programmer, database designer and analyst for some of the world's largest companies.

#3 MikeyMike

MikeyMike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

Thanks. I will try that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charts, snap to cells, shapes, pictures, text boxes, grouping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users