Photo

How do I download the sample files using Google Chrome?

1 reply to this topic

#1 DeeDee

DeeDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:30 PM

When I download the files the options in the Save As box are either Applications or All Files only, so it doesn't open as excel even if I am in the excel program.

#2 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

All browsers download files in different ways but I have checked your video log and can see that you are using Windows 7 and the latest version of Google Chrome and that you are trying to download the sample file set for Excel 2007 (Essential and Expert).

To understand your problem I also used the latest version of Google Chrome.  Here’s how you can download the sample file set using Google Chrome:

1. Went to the download sample files page for Excel 2007:

http://excelcentral.com/excel2007/essential/samplefiles.aspx

2. Clicked the big orange button “Download Sample Files (Recommended Option).

3. A small icon appeared in the bottom left of my screen that looked like this:

Small icon appeared.png

4.. I clicked the drop-down arrow on the right of the button (after the file had downloaded) and clicked OPEN.

Clicked Open.png

5. The WinZip dialog appeared and I clicked UNZIP.

Clicked Unzip.png

6. A dialog appeared saying that all of the files had been unzipped:

23 files unzippped.png

I was then able to open any of the sample files from the C:/Practice folder.

If you are still having difficulties let me know which of the steps above (1-7) caused you a problem and also let me know any error messages that were displayed. 

Best Regards

Mike Smart

Mike Smart is the author of ten world best-selling Excel books. The books are available in printed form for for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016 for Windows and Excel 2016 for Apple Mac. Mike has also recorded over 850 video lessons (that you can watch online) for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Mike Smart is also part of the team that answers questions posted on the ExcelCentral.com forums.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users